Leader- RN Ambulatory/Otolaryngology- ENT (days full time) Fairlane

📁
Nursing
📅
186045 Requisition #
Share this Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: 
  • Provides leadership for a group or four or more staff. (i.e. RNs, MAs, CSRs, etc.) Performs leadership functions about 30% of the time and duties of a Registered Nurse I the remaining 70%. 
  • Performs duties of a Registered Nurse in the coordination and delivery of quality compassionate patient care. 
  • Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. 
  • Effectively communicates with the health care them. 
  • Demonstrates clinical competence. 
  • Supervises other nursing and support staff as appropriate. 
PRINCIPALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 
  • Leadership Duties: 
    • Leads a group of four or more staff. 
    • Performs leadership function approximately 30% of the time and duties of a Registered Nurse I the remaining 70%. 
    • Assists in the selection, orientation, and training of new staff; and may provide input into performance appraisals. 
    • Schedules staff and distributes work assignments. 
    • Monitors work flow and makes appropriate work assignment adjustments. 
    • Provides professional expertise as needed. 
    • Develops an educational plan to address staff development. 
    • Assists in validating competencies of staff. 
  • Physical Assessment: 
    • Performs physical assessment on patient as determined necessary and/or designated by a physician/physician extender. 
    • Examines wounds/injuries and reports status to physician/physician extender. 
    • Recognizes significant and common abnormal lab results and changes in health status, and takes appropriate action. Communicates information to physician/physician extender. 
    • Performs physical assessment on patient as determined necessary and/or designated by a physician/physician extender. 
    • Performs rounds to evaluate patients. 
  • Psycho-Social Assessment: 
    • Performs assessment of: 
      • health habits (smoking, alcohol use, dietary, drugs); 
      • safety issues (safety of home, driving, seat belts); 
      • availability of support systems (family network, coping mechanisms); 
    • Observes and reports emotional stability of patient to physician/physician extender.
  • Diagnosis: 
    • Reviews labs and x-rays data, and notifies physician/physician extender of abnormal results. 
    • Develops and evaluates nursing patient care treatment plans, based on nursing diagnosis. 
  • Clinical Practice: 
    • Seeks to understand and incorporate both safe practices and evidence-basked practices into daily nursing care. 
    • Directs and delegates nursing care basked on patient acuity and staff competency that is consistent with the nurse’s obligation to provide optimum patient care. 
    • Performs resuscitative procedures. 
    • Performs diagnostic procedures. 
  • Triage: 
    • Triage occurs via the telephone or through direct patient contact. 
    • Assesses patient complaints, and advises patients, according to established protocols. 
    • Directs patient to appropriate care area upon completion of triage evaluation. 
    • Refers patient to home health care and community agencies. 
  • Consultation: 
    • Initiates social services and Home Health Care referrals for discharge. 
    • Resolves patient complaints, or refers complaint to appropriate others for resolution. 
    • Collaborates with other disciplines as necessary regarding patient condition. 
    • Collaborates with family and community resources for patient home care, upon direction or within a protocol. 
  • Quality Assurance: 
    • Participates in departmental/divisional Quality Assessment and Quality Improvement Programs. 
    • Maintains compliance with regulatory standards regarding practice, environment and documentation. 
  • Research:
    • Implements research using protocols developed by the governing institution. 
    • Collects data for research. 
  • Education: 
    • Designs teaching materials or utilizes prepared materials to teach patients, according to established protocols. 
    • Enhances personal professional development through the review of current literature, attendance at educational programs, and participation in professional organizations. 
    • Provides education for staff, colleagues, patients and/or families. 
      • Precepts new staff and students as requested. 
      • Provides and documents individualized patient and family education. 
  • Other: 
    • Upholds goals, policies, procedures, and expectations of Henry Ford Medical Group (HFMG). 
    • Maintains standards of regulatory agencies. 
    • Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, Quality Assurance Program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. 
    • Supports the mission, vision, and values of HFMG. 
    • Performs other related duties as required.

EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 
  • Graduate from a school of nursing and current licensure by the Michigan State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. 
  • Successful completion of HFHS (Parent Operating Group) Pharmacology test. 
  • Demonstrated leadership ability. 
  • Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to formulate effective nursing care plans. 
  • Ability to perform a wide variety of professional nursing services. 
  • Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, and medical group personnel. 
  • Two to three years of nursing experience in a clinical environment. 
  • Leadership experience preferred. 
Computer Skills: 
  • Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills. 
  • Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. 

     Overview

       Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health

       care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education.  The system includes

       the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health

       insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory

       network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a

       full continuum of care.  In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care.

       The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600

       employees.  Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient.  The

       health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III.  To learn more, visit HenryFord.com.

     Benefits

       Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or

       making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice.  Henry

       Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice

       Rewards.  My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves.  There are

       dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance

       and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life.  As an

       employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program

       (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness

       and access to day care services at Bright Horizons Midtown Detroit, and a whole host of other

       benefits and services.  Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.    

      Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

        Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is

        committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to

        race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,

        weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,

        or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.

Previous Job Searches

My Profile

Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.

Go to Profile

My Submissions

Track your opportunities.

My Submissions

Similar Listings