Lead- Home Health Aide - Full Time - Days - Allen Park

📁
Behavioral Health
📅
201321 Requisition #

General Summary


Provides direction to other Home Health Aides and supportive services to patients in the home or facility setting, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Performs Team Lead functions about 35% of the time and Home Health Aide duties the remaining 65% of the time. Reports to the Team Leader and Hospice Manager.

EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: 


High school diploma or GED preferred. Successful completion of training and testing according to CMS regulatory requirements Part 42 CFR Section 484.36 required. A minimum of three (3) years Nurse Assistant or Home Health Aide experience required. One (1) years Hospice experience required. State of Michigan Nurse Aide Registry as a Competency Evaluated Nurse Aide (CENA) preferred. Requires a valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record. Requires reliable transportation. Requires an understanding and acceptance of the Hospice concept of care. Requires knowledge and experience appropriate to the needs of hospice patients and their families. Requires the interpersonal skills necessary to present a positive image of hospice. Ability to deal pleasantly and compassionately with patients/families and staff. Must be sensitive to the special needs of patient, family and staff dealing with terminal care. Certification as a Home Care Aide (HCA) through the Home Care University and/or Michigan Home Care Association required.

    Overview

       Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health System is a

       $6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites

       including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and

       other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system

       now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one

       of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the

       health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s  

       major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and

       remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical

       education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing

       in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,

       pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.

     Benefits

       Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or

       making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice.  Henry

       Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice

       Rewards.  My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves.  There are

       dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance

       and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life.  As an

       employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program

       (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness,                 and a whole host of other benefits and services.  Employee's classified as contingent status are not         eligible for benefits.    

      Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

        Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is

        committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to

        race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,

        weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,

        or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.

Previous Job Searches

My Profile

Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.

Go to Profile

My Submissions

Track your opportunities.

My Submissions